We believe that learning English should be an enjoyable process, stimulated by interesting content.
Sensations English is a news-based online language service, providing authentic, up-to-date news videos and articles. All are accessible to learners at 5 different levels (from beginner to advanced) and scaffold understanding and learner development and enable teachers to differentiate content effortlessly.
Working with a range of experts in English language teaching, we have produced a unique, versatile, and high-quality language learning solution. This combines a communicative focus with accessible higher order thinking and international real-world contexts. We recognise learners as multi-competent speakers and multicultural citizens.
The Sensations English Pedagogy
- Real-world topics ignite curiosity and inspire learners to share thoughts and ideas and to learn more.
- Our lessons widen cultural awareness which stimulates learners to think critically and creatively.
- Gamification support-mechanisms extend learning and increase involvement, and the bite-sized activities are all derived from real-world content.
- Vocabulary and grammar situated in real-life contexts helps learners to build their own understanding of language, improving learning outcomes.
- Using news-based resources is more immersive than traditional approaches and enables the learning to be faster and deeper.
- Rich contextualisation makes vocabulary and grammar more memorable for learners.
- Videos and images are powerful creators of meaning and memory and help reduce cognitive load.
- High exposure to spoken language helps learners to develop their auditory processing and phonological awareness, leading to faster recognition of both speech and printed text.
- Interview clips of people speaking help learners to understand a variety of accents and speech rhythms as well as peoples use of gesture and facial expressions.